A new Windows Vista / 2008 Group Policy Preference client side extension hotfix rollup has been released. Below I have listed the details of the hotfix including a complete list of all issues it resolved.
KB977983 – Group Policy preferences client-side extension hotfix rollup for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
New Issues Resolved
- You cannot create a GPP folder when the target path is a Distributed File System (DFS) path.
- Item-Level Targeting for the security group does not recognize nested groups for computer objects.
- When you configure Item-Level Targeting for GPP to match a registry value, the match fails.
- The GPP data source name (DSN) requires a password if a username is specified in the DSN connection information. After you apply this hotfix rollup, you can use a blank password in the DSN connection information.
- You experience a significant delay when you log on to an Active Directory site that has a read-only domain controller (RODC). This issue occurs when you implement Item-Level Filtering for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) by using GPP.
- GPP cannot be deployed on a printer when the printer owner is not specified as "System" or "Administrators."
- When you configure Item-Level Targeting for GPP with Terminal Services, Item-Level Targeting fails.
- A memory leak occurs in the GPP client every time that Item-Level Targeting is processed.
Previous KB974266 Issues Resolved
- The Windows Event Log service crashes when the regional options preferences are set to English (United Kingdom).
- If the regional options preference is set to English (United Kingdom) or to anything other than United States, it cannot be applied. The regional options preference setting still shows United States.
- Note A non-administrator user cannot log on to a domain from a computer that is running Windows Vista SP2, if the user’s locale information is set by using a Group Policy preference and set the regional options preference as English (United Kingdom).
- If you create or update a virtual private network (VPN) connection by using a Group Policy object, the connection does not bind to IP Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or IP Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- A Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) query that is used by item level targeting uses an incorrect base distinguish name.
- Group Policy Service (GPSVC) stops responding during the GPSVC shutdown process if third-party printer drivers are installed by Group Policy Preferences.
- The %GPTPATH% variable is not resolved correctly when Group Policy Preferences are processed.
- Group Policy Preferences stops responding when you try to configure the printer item for printers that use third-party drivers. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
973772 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973772/ ) Group Policy Preferences stops responding when you try to configure the printer item for printers that use third-party drivers on a Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008-based computer
2 thoughts on “Hotfix: Group Policy Preference Hotfix Rollup (Vista / 2008)”
Hotfix: Group Policy Preference Hotfix Rollup (Vista / 2008) http://t.co/dxQtbx5
Hotfix: Group Policy Preference Hotfix Rollup (Vista / 2008) http://j.mp/bBMNeK