The guys at the Ask the Directory Services Team blog have just published the list of latest Directory Services related hotfixes ( see http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2010/10/18/new-directory-services-content-10-10-10-16.aspx ). For your convenience I have put in a direct link and a short description for the two Group Policy related hotfixes.
KB2379592 – "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message when you view the GPO backup settings in the Group Policy Management Console.
Resolves an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” when you select the “View Settings” of a GPO that has an advanced audit policy setting configured that you have also backed up.
KB970840 – Some settings in Group Policy Preferences for Internet Explorer do not deploy correctly to computers that are running Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Resolves the following IE8 preference settings from not working:
- Check boxes under Accessibility
- "Reset text size to medium while zooming"
- "Reset Zoom level to 100% for new windows and tabs"
- Check boxes under Security
- "Allow active content to run in files"
- "Allow software to run or install even…"
- Check boxes under International
- "Send IDN Server Names"
- "Send UTF -8 URL"
- "Show information bar for encoded address"
It also resolves a freeze/crash in the Group Policy Object Editor when you are editing an Internet Explorer Group Policy Preferences setting.