The guys at the Ask the Directory Services Team blog have just published the list of latest Directory Services related hotfixes ( see http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2010/10/18/new-directory-services-content-10-10-10-16.aspx ). For your convenience I have put in a direct link and a short description for the two Group Policy related hotfixes.
KB2379592 – "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message when you view the GPO backup settings in the Group Policy Management Console.
Resolves an â€œObject reference not set to an instance of an object.â€ when you select the â€œView Settingsâ€ of a GPO that has an advanced audit policy setting configured that you have also backed up.
KB970840 – Some settings in Group Policy Preferences for Internet Explorer do not deploy correctly to computers that are running Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Resolves the following IE8 preference settings from not working:
- Check boxes under Accessibility
- "Reset text size to medium while zooming"
- "Reset Zoom level to 100% for new windows and tabs"
- Check boxes under Security
- "Allow active content to run in files"
- "Allow software to run or install even…"
- Check boxes under International
- "Send IDN Server Names"
- "Send UTF -8 URL"
- "Show information bar for encoded address"
It also resolves a freeze/crash in the Group Policy Object Editor when you are editing an Internet Explorer Group Policy Preferences setting.